Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ready? Set? Write!

My friend Mel shared a link to this project called Reverb10. It will give me one new writing prompt a day for a month, starting today. (They have a fancy blog button I can't figure out how to pit on my blog, but I will keep trying)

Oh goodie, just what I need to get the words down and out into the universe. And I thought this seemed like a fun idea when I promptly signed on and, I mean I do still think it's a good idea. But then I remembered I don't like homework, or feeeling pressured to "produce" work. And here I am already a day late, and one prompt behind. But there really is no pressure here just good intentions and maybe I might even make some new writer friends like me, who have been stuck, traumatized by a fancy English Lit degree and the writing I had to do, or risk 40 lashes from a Domincan Nun.

So The first prompt hit my inbox yesterday, of course I am already behind - see I knew it !

Prompt: One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?


2010 has been all about: Balance

I think a lot about it, how to get it, how to maintain it- how do others do it? Kids + Work+ Fun+ Self. The checkbook.
I do a lot of balancing physically and have gotten really good at balancing on a fit ball on just my knees, and I like to stand on the bosu balance ball and do upper body exercises. I have mastered plank, side plank and real push ups on an inverted bosu.
I have been undergoing accupunture which within in Chinese medicine is all about balance, yin yang, dark/ light, wet/dry. I have some issues and accupunturist Anne and a slew of herbs is helping me out with tremendously.

So there that was easy.

The second half of the prompt- what word do I wan to encapsulate next year? Can it be "balance" again?

But going back to Chinese medicine. I want 2011 to be all :Energy.

I want more of it. Positive flow within my physical and mental being. I want to waste less of it, through worry, stress, and encounters with "bad" energy people.

I am a firm believer in the idea that we manifest our own reality, that we consciously / unconsciously make our intentions known to the the universe and then universe gives us what we " ask " for.

I think I still have a lot of work to do in the balance part of life, but I am excited to work on the energy side, let's go 2011

No comments: